- In 2019 Trend Micro created a document which detailed how routers in Asia were being affected by crypto mining malware.
- Interpol then started an operation and was able to identify the infected routers.
- Disruptor Daily organized the awards with the goal to profile companies providing practical blockchain-based cybersecurity tools.
- The Quantstamp Security Network, an open-source tool that allows users to scan their smart contracts for potential vulnerabilities, won the award.
- The director of the NSA’s Cybersecurity Directorate, Anne Neuberger, made the comment at the 10th Annual Billington Cyber Security Summit in Washington D.C.
- In her speech, Neuberger singled out North Korea as "creative" in the cybersecurity space, and pointed out their use of cryptocurrency schemes to fund Kim Jong-Un’s regime.