- The Committee on Financial Services will be holding a hearing, called "Oversight of the Securities and Exchange Commission: Wall Street’s Cop on the Beat", on 24 September.
- It will cover topics such as the SEC's actions in regards to public company disclosures, enforcement, fiduciary responsibilities, and the cryptocurrency space.
In Other News
- Ripple aims to enhance their position and approach towards U.S. legislators.
- Michelle Bond, Ripple's Global Head of Government Relations, welcomed Hammond via her LinkedIn profile.
- The Binance USD (BUSD) will be launched in partnership with the Paxos Trust Company.
- When launched, the BUSD will be available for trade on Binance against BTC, BNB and XRP.
- Acute Angle can be bought via Huobi’s native token at approximately half the price of its competitor.
- Whole Network’s phone will use Android and will come with useful built-in blockchain functionality.
- The director of the NSA’s Cybersecurity Directorate, Anne Neuberger, made the comment at the 10th Annual Billington Cyber Security Summit in Washington D.C.
- In her speech, Neuberger singled out North Korea as "creative" in the cybersecurity space, and pointed out their use of cryptocurrency schemes to fund Kim Jong-Un’s regime.