Then President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko speaks at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland on January 21, 2015. Shutterstock
- The WEF used data from over 30 technical standard-setting entities, 185 jurisdictions, and almost 400 industry groups to create its report.
- Called the Global Standards Mapping Initiative, the study notes the gaps, divergence and overlap in the blockchain standard-setting space.
Comparison of ETH 2019 price with ETH 2020 price for the period between January and October. Data by CoinDesk's Ethereum Price Index
World map of major Bitcoin mining pool stratum server locations. The Chain Bulletin Bitcoin Mining Map
- In the study, we included 16 major Bitcoin mining pools with 80 stratum server locations across 11 countries on 4 continents.
- The data shows that Asia, North America, and Europe is where almost all stratum servers reside, with 1 pool and 1 stratum server representing Australia.
Map of the European Union with emphasis on Ukraine. Shutterstock
- Between July 2019 and June 2020, Ukrain and Russia managed to place first and second, respectively, on Chainalysis' Global Crypto Adoption Index.
- During the same period, 1.4% of all crypto transactions in Eastern Europe were connected with illicit activity, the second highest rate after Latin America.
Illustration from Freepik
- Worldwide spending on blockchain is said to increase with a growth rate of over 40% in all major industries.
- As the COVID-19 crisis forced many corporations to adopt emerging technology, the benefits of blockchain have started to attract significant interest.
- CipherTrace's research has found that the biggest threat this year is fraud.
- Chinese MLM scheme Wotoken has been the largest contributor to crypto loss this year, stealing approximately $1.09 billion from 715,000 investors.
- The two previous halving events point to a price rally 4 - 6 months after the halving happens.
- There is no clear indicator that suggests miners quit in droves after block rewards are halved.
- Even though crypto scammers are seeing a high number of transactions, their revenue seems to have dropped significantly.
- Chainalysis data shows that the total daily value received by scam wallets has dropped by 61 percent over the first two weeks of March.
- 2019 growth percentages dictate Bitcoin at $13,706, Binance Coin at $31, and Tezos at $4 towards the end of 2020.
- As FOMO kicks in again, 2020 will surely set its own pace, but there's still a lot of things to learn from 2019.
Chainalysis booth at a conference. CoinDesk
- While exchanges are doing a better job with security best practices, hackers are also moving to more sophisticated attacks.
- CoinJoin and obfuscation services are still not popular with hackers, most of the stolen money goes directly into other exchanges.