We gather two types of data about our users: personal information and tracking information.
Personal information is provided by users when posting comments on articles on chainbulletin.com or when subscribing to The Chain Bulletin newsletters. Personal information gathered from posting comments includes e-mail address and screen name. Personal information gathered in connection with subscribing to our newsletters may include name, employer, job title, employer address, e-mail address and phone number.
Tracking information is automatically collected about all visitors to The Chain Bulletin Sites. This information consists of both individual and aggregated tracking information and is automatically gathered using “cookies.” A cookie is a small data file containing information, such as a user’s login name, that is written to the user’s hard drive by a web server and used to track the pages visited.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and interactions to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
- Enhance site performance and facilitate certain site features.
- Understand if you have already taken a required step to view certain types of content, such as submitting your email address to post a comment.
- We may also employ technology that is commonly referred to as “action tags” (also known as “web beacons,” “scripts” or “one pixel .gif files”) to measure the effectiveness of our advertisements.
Use of Information
- To enhance users’ experiences on The Chain Bulletin Sites, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- To improve our content; and
- To ensure the technical functioning of The Chain Bulletin Sites.
Niquid Tech does not sell or disclose personal information about you described above to other people or non-affiliated companies, except to provide you with products or services, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or otherwise to cooperate with law enforcement agencies or state and federal regulators;
- We provide the information on a confidential basis to non-affiliated companies we engage as contractors or agents to perform services for us, such as maintaining software or administering payments. Information will be shared with such contractors only to the extent reasonably necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and pursuant to confidentiality obligations;
- We may disclose information we collect as described above to other companies such as direct marketers to perform marketing services on our behalf, or to third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements; and
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular link or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Postings related to articles on The Chain Bulletin Sites are publicly available. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any of your personal information in a public posting.
Last updated on May 23, 2020.