- The new SEBA Earn product will enable customers to earn yields from proof-of-stake protocols such as Polkadot, Tezos and Cardano.
- Institutions will also have access to DeFi programs, in addition to centralized lending and borrowing of BTC and ETH.
- The investigation was revealed in a filing part of Circle's plans to go public through a merger with Concord Acquisition Corp, which valued the company at $4.5 billion.
- The SEC subpoenaed Circle back in July, requesting a number of documents connected to some of the company's holdings, programs, and operations.
- From 6 October, Upbit users that have not undergone AML verification will only be able to execute trades lower than $850.
- A week later the exchange will stop trading services as well as deposits and withdrawals for existing customers that have not verified their account.
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission building exterior in Washington DC, USA on 25 June 2018. Shutterstock
- The ETF review period has been extended for Global X Bitcoin Trust, Valkyrie XBTO Bitcoin Futures Fund, Kryptoin Bitcoin ETF, and WisdomTree Bitcoin Trist.
- While the U.S. SEC has yet to approve a single BTC ETF, more and more financial institutions have started posting applications.
- By acquiring the Monetary Authority of Singapore's Major Payment Institution license, both companies can now offer digital payment token services in the country.
- Both Independent Reserve and DBS Vickers were granted an in-principal approval by the MAS back in August.
- The newly acquired CISA license will enable SEBA to offer its professional clients more crypto-based investment opportunities.
- SEBA can now facilitate an institutional-grade custodian service for Swiss-native collective investment schemes.
- The CFTC said Kraken illegally enabled margined retail commodity transactions between June 2020 and July 2021.
- The exchange said it collaborated with the CFTC on the investigation and was committed to working with other regulators.
Sam Bankman-Fried, CEO of FTX, speaking at the Binance Blockchain Week 2019 event in Singapore, held from 19 - 22 January. Binance
- Coinbase's application to register as a futures commission merchant with the NFA is currently pending.
- The exchange wants to tap into the derivatives market and become less dependent on spot trading.
- The Australian national embezzled almost $55 million in investor funds for personal gain.
- He ran and operated the Virgil Sigma Fund and VRQ Multistrategy Fund in New York from 2017 to 2020.