- BitConnect's founder Satish Kumbhani was charged with conducting a $2 billion security fraud.
- The SEC also charged a BitConnect promoter, who recently pled guilty for stealing $24 million from investors.
- While it was initially reported the protocol had lost around 13,000 ETH in the attack, more detailed assessments have put that number to around 4,000.
- The THORChain vulnerability is already being patched, and the team behind the project has said that users will be compensated for their losses.
- The Metropolitan Police have seized $160 million worth of cryptocurrencies in the country's largest AML confiscation ever.
- The Met's Economic Crime Command wants to prevent money laundering using crypto and is lobbying for tougher laws.
- The "Crackonosh" malware was found hidden in cracked versions of popular games such as NBA 2K19, GTA V, and Far Cry 5.
- Active since 2018, the malware has drained over $2 million in XMR from users and affected around 220,000 computers.
- The project's development team discovered and mitigated the attack within 45 seconds, but the attacker was still able drain $3 million of the $6 million of liquidity.
- The team is currently working on a plan to mitigate the situation, which uses the same exploit as the unknown attacker.
- The attacker was able to get away with almost 700,000 BUNNY tokens and 114,000 BNB tokens, which at the time were worth around $200 million.
- PancakeBunny is the third, and largest, BSC-based DeFi project to suffer from an exploit in the last 30 days.
- The attacker targeted a "flawed liquidity share calculation" in the project's SPARTA/WBNB pool to steal roughly $30 million.
- Another Binance Smart Chain project, Uranium Finance, lost more than $50 million in an exploit less than a week ago.
- After the attempted hack, the exchange was forced to shut down all of its services, and enter maintenance mode, which could last between 7 and 14 days.
- Hotbit noted that user funds remain safe, but warned its customers to be weary of phishing attempts, as its database had been compromised.
- The attacker reportedly stole 80 BTC, 1,800 ETH, 17.9 million BUSD, 5.7 million USDT, 638,000 ADA, 26,500 DOT, 34,000 wBNB, and 112,000 U92.
- Back on 3 April the project was attacked again, with the hacker stealing $1.3 million worth of BNB and BUSD at the time.
- The investigation of Thodex began only a week after the Turkish central bank announce it was banning the use of crypto for payments.
- It is alleged the company's CEO fled the country only a day after the exchange halted crypto trading and withdrawals.