- The attacker was able to get away with almost 700,000 BUNNY tokens and 114,000 BNB tokens, which at the time were worth around $200 million.
- PancakeBunny is the third, and largest, BSC-based DeFi project to suffer from an exploit in the last 30 days.
- The attacker targeted a "flawed liquidity share calculation" in the project's SPARTA/WBNB pool to steal roughly $30 million.
- Another Binance Smart Chain project, Uranium Finance, lost more than $50 million in an exploit less than a week ago.
- After the attempted hack, the exchange was forced to shut down all of its services, and enter maintenance mode, which could last between 7 and 14 days.
- Hotbit noted that user funds remain safe, but warned its customers to be weary of phishing attempts, as its database had been compromised.
- The attacker reportedly stole 80 BTC, 1,800 ETH, 17.9 million BUSD, 5.7 million USDT, 638,000 ADA, 26,500 DOT, 34,000 wBNB, and 112,000 U92.
- Back on 3 April the project was attacked again, with the hacker stealing $1.3 million worth of BNB and BUSD at the time.
- The investigation of Thodex began only a week after the Turkish central bank announce it was banning the use of crypto for payments.
- It is alleged the company's CEO fled the country only a day after the exchange halted crypto trading and withdrawals.
Justitia, the Roman goddess of justice. Shutterstock
- The teenager tricked Twitter employees into giving him access to the customer service portal.
- Alongside two accomplices, the teen defrauded people out of $118,000 worth of BTC.
- Both platforms are experiencing a DNS hijack at the moment, with the malicious actor requesting users provide their seed phrases.
- The issue is already being investigated, with both Cream Finance and PancakeSwap warning users to keep away from the websites until it is resolved.
Image from Shutterstock
- Stefan Qin, the founder of Virgil Sigma Fund LP and VQR Multistrategy Fund LP, used a part of the stolen funds to support his lavish lifestyle.
- Qin stole almost all the funds from Virgil Sigma, and then tried to dip into VQR Fund to pay back investors in Sigma.