- While there was no confirmed date for the launch of the pilot, sources have said it will involve a single stablecoin tied to the U.S. dollar.
- The pilot is expected to be a small-scale one, mainly focusing on payments between individual consumers.
- With the partnership, Signature will become one of the leading financial institutions to hold billions of USDC reserve funds.
- By integrating with Signature's Signet payments platform, Circle is opening the door to future integrations of products and services within the bank.
- Zero Hash's settlement network will now support GMO Trust's dollar and yen backed stablecoins, GYEN and ZUSD.
- The partnership aims to eliminate the typical bottlenecks for cross-border JPY transfers and settlements.
- USDT will first become available on the Kusama network, which allows developers to test new apps and blockchains before launching them on Polkadot.
- Once launched, USDT will become the "first ever" stablecoin to be made available on the Polkadot's multi-chain network.
- Circle builds upon the existing financial system by allowing its users to interact with stablecoins.
- The platform uses USDC to transfer value, and settles the transactions in fiat currencies.
- Solana claims to be able to offer USDT users "speeds greater than 50,000 transactions per second", with transaction fees lower than $0.00001.
- The new integration promises to support a wide range of projects in the Defi, blockchain gaming, and Web 3.0 spaces.
- The European Central Bank also wants stablecoin issuers to meet the same "rigorous liquidity requirements" as banks.
- The central bank has urged the EU to ensure its ruling be made binding on all national authorities in the Euro Zone.
- After settling with the Office of the New York Attorney General, Bitfinex and Tether were ordered to introduce transparency measures.
- Alongside a hefty fine, the companies will have to ensure the OAG that their corporate and client accounts remain segregated.
- Users will be able to earn multiple forms of yield by using CLAWS as the base asset.
- The newly launched yield dollar can be collateralized with bBadger and wBTC/ETH SLP and is set to expire at $1.