- This is MicroStrategy's fourth and largest Bitcoin purchase to date.
- Unlike previous investments, the latest $1 billion purchase was made in cash.
- Qualified institutional investors will soon have the opportunity to purchase $600 million worth of aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes due 2027.
- Initial purchasers of the notes could also have the option of buying an additional $90 million within a 13-day period from when the notes were first issued.
- Following the news about Tesla's investment, BTC surged over 15% reaching a new ATH.
- Under its new investment strategy, the company might acquire and hold more cryptocurrencies in the future.
- Craig Wright has threatened the owners of Bitcoin.org and Bitcoincore.org with legal action if they don't remove the BTC whitepaper from their websites.
- In response to the threat, even more websites have started uploading the file, including Facebook's subsidiary Novi and payments giant Square, to name a few.
- The country's finance ministry has submitted a draft document, which would impose an 18% goods and services tax on Bitcoin transactions.
- India's Central Economic Intelligence Bureau has estimated that taxing Bitcoun could earn the country around $1 billion a year.
- Binance has listed a new type of Bitcoin options to encourage institutional investment.
- Users will be able to write and sell the options as an issuer.
- Canadian fintech platform Mogo will invest $1.1 million in Bitcoin.
- The company will consider additional investments in Bitcoin in 2021 to monetize its $13 million investment portfolio.
- The accounts will have no service fee and will take only minutes to open.
- The program will enable users to earn 1.5% back in Bitcoin on eligible debit card purchases.