- Engaging the public is needed in order for the Fed to understand what a possible CBDC will be used for.
- While the U.S. central bank is debating the need for a CBDC, other countries are getting closer to releasing their own national digital currencies.
- This is MicroStrategy's fourth and largest Bitcoin purchase to date.
- Unlike previous investments, the latest $1 billion purchase was made in cash.
- The crypto app experienced a significant growth in its user base over the last four months, jumping from 5 million users to more than 10 million.
- The increased interest in the platform drove its revenue growth to 10x in 2020 alone, and its employee count from 250 to over 900 globally.
- Qualified institutional investors will soon have the opportunity to purchase $600 million worth of aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes due 2027.
- Initial purchasers of the notes could also have the option of buying an additional $90 million within a 13-day period from when the notes were first issued.
- Yoshitaka Kitao, the CEO of SBI Holdings, said a joint crypto venture was needed for his firm to remain a leading financial services company.
- SBI's plans were apparently prompted by Tesla's announcement of its crypto-related plans.
- The Forbes Blockchain 50 list revealed that there are nine companies with a billion-dollar valuation using the ConsenSys Quorum.
- Another 22 companies said they were using Ethereum in some way.