- The investigation was revealed in a filing part of Circle's plans to go public through a merger with Concord Acquisition Corp, which valued the company at $4.5 billion.
- The SEC subpoenaed Circle back in July, requesting a number of documents connected to some of the company's holdings, programs, and operations.
- The acquisition is part of MasterCard's larger strategy to expand into the digital assets space.
- MasterCard will use CipherTrace to provide its clients with better risk assessment tools when dealing with cryptocurrencies.
- Established back in 2018, Zabo has already expanded its API integrations to include more than 50 crypto exchanges and wallet services.
- The crypto aggregator service is the latest acquisition of Coinbase, which has already bought several crypto startups since the start of the year, including Routefire, Bison Trails, and Skew.
- Once Square completed the $29 billion acquisition, the 16 million users of Afterpay will be able buy Bitcoin through the Cash App.
- Square has also tripled its BTC revenue on a year-to-year basis, reporting a $2.72 billion of bitcoin revenue and $55 million of bitcoin gross profit for Q2.
- Nearly 50 of MVP Workshop's engineers and designers will form a Celsius development center in Belgrade.
- The Serbian startup has been working with Celsius for more than three years.
- Shard X's MPC cryptographic technology is considered more secure, as it private keys are broken into shards and distributed to various parties.
- While the terms of the deal have remained undisclosed, all three members of Shard X will become part of Gemini's U.K. affiliate.