- The blockchain has become the regional supporter in North American and Europe for the 2022 World Cup, and also the official sponsor of the Women's World Cup in 2023.
- The partnership will see Algorand help FIFA further develop its digital asset strategy, and also provide it with an official wallet solution.
- A Goldman Sachs spokesperson noted that the deal was particularly interesting because of its unique structure and 24/7 risk management.
- The move comes at a time when Wall Street firms have started to increase their involvement in the crypto space.
- The legislation will implement new standards for crypto market integrity in Gibraltar, designed to combat insider trading and market manipulation in the sector.
- DLT providers will now be required to seek out and prevent insider trading, and the publication of misleading information aimed at manipulating the crypto market.
- The license will be available for individuals as well as organizations and will be valid for a year, though its validity can be extended for a second year.
- VASPs that fail to comply with the new licensing regime will face penalties in line with existing banking rules and regulations.
- Once the change has been implemented, more than 23,000 U.S.-based companies could allow their employees to invest in BTC through their 401(k) retirement savings accounts.
- Fidelity plans to release the new option later this year, allowing 401(k) account holders to invest up to 20% of their portfolio in BTC.
- Gemini Credit Card, which was supposed to launch last summer, was released in partnership with Mastercard and WebBank.
- More than 500,000 users had signed up on Gemini's waitlist, hoping to be the first to try the card that offers up to 3% crypto cashback for dining, 2% for groceries, and 1% for other purchases.
- Unlike other crypto cards that sell user's holdings at the point of sale, Nexo Card uses a crypto-backed credit line that can use a number of digital assets as collateral.
- Launched in partnership with Mastercard and DiPocket, the card gives access to more than 92 million merchants, and offers a credit line that stays at 0% APR.
- Clients of the Fortune 500 company will now gain access to a self-custody digital asset wallet technology, as well as tools for staking and DeFi.
- Partnering with FIS brings Fireblocks' technology to "nearly every type" of buy-side, sell-side, and corporate institution in traditional assets.
- BlackRock, the main asset manager for the USDC cash reserves, will now explore the capital market applications for the USDC stablecoin.
- The $400 million funding round, which is expected to complete in the second quarter, will see participation from Fidelity, Marshall Wace, Fin Capital, and BlackRock.
- Prior to creating Uniswap Labs Ventures, Uniswap had already invested in 11 projects, including MakerDAO, Aave, Compound, PartyDAO, and others.
- ULV has plans to participate in the governance of Aave, Compound Finance, Ethereum Name Service, MakerDAO, and projects it invests in the future.