- AT&T, a United States media and telecom giant, has become the first mobile carrier to accept cryptocurrency for phone bills payments, the company announced in a press release on 23 May.
- This is not the first time the telecommunications giant has delved in blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.
- According to the announcement, taxpayers can now use Refundo's new product, called CoinRT, to receive either a portion or all of their federal and state tax returns in Bitcoin.
- To use the platform taxpayers will need to set-up an account, provide necessary information for know-your-customer (KYC) rules, a Bitcoin wallet, and receive a unique routing and account number, which then needs to be input on their tax returns.
- While massive for cryptocurrency adoption and popularity in general, the past two years have not been perfect when it comes to Bitcoin merchant adoption.
- embership payments for the website can now be processed by BitPay, and both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash are accepted.