- The head of the FCA, Nikhil Rathi, made the announcement during a speech at the "Our Role and Business Plan" webinar on Thursday.
- Rathi said the digital marketing campaign was necessary, as crypto investors are more likely to be young people drawn to social media.
- Italy's CONSOB has become the latest in a series of financial regulators to warn investors that Binance unauthorized to operate in their jurisdictions.
- Earlier this month, Barclays warned it will be blocking payments to Binance, citing a notice published by the FCA in June.
- Earlier this year, Wyoming recognized DAOs as a distinct form of LLCs.
- The law made the American CryptoFed DAO the first legally recognized DAO in the U.S.
Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao speaking at an "Ask Us Anything" conference. Binance
- The FCA said Binance Markets Limited is not permitted to undertake any "regulated activities" in the U.K.
- However, Binance will most likely be able to continue operating in the country as it's registered outside of the U.K.
- First introduced in January, the bill has received an overwhelming support from Nebraska lawmakers, and has passed its final vote with 46 to 2.
- It enables financial institutions to operate digital asset depository businesses, for which the state will provide "charter, operation, supervision, and regulation".
Nebraska flag. Shutterstock
- The bill aims to adopt the Nebraska Financial Innovation Act and create digital asset depository institutions.
- The initiative could make Nebraska the second U.S. state to set up a formal charter for crypto-powered bans, the first being Wyoming.
- BaFin, Germany's financial regulator, warned investors Binance may have violated E.U. securities rules by not providing a prospectus for its stock tokens offering.
- Considered an administrative offence, such a violation could be punished with a fine of $6 million, or 3% of Binance's annual revenue.
- The U.K. FCA is reportedly working with Binance to better understand the stock tokens, and what regulation may apply to them.
- Binance said a prospectus was not required as the tokens were not settled in fiat currency, but in Binance USD (BUSD).
People's Bank of China. Shutterstock
- China seems to finally recognise the investment potential of crypto, with a deputy governor of the PBoC stating that Bitcoin and stablecoins were investment alternatives.
- The bank will "continue to maintain the current measures and practices", until it has figured how to prevent digital assets from creating a serious financial risk.
Building of the central bank of the republic of Turkey in Galata district, Istanbul, Turkey, 16 December 2015. Shutterstock
- The Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey will also prevent payment providers from providing fiat onramps for crypto exchanges.
- Citizens who exclusively use payment providers as fiat-to-crypto gateways now have two weeks to clear their balances.